Friday, February 19, 2010

Talked Me Into It


My sister talked me into going back to Weight Watchers because I was going to quit. I had a really bad 2 weeks and I was embarrassed to weigh in. I am happy I went because my leader and all the ladies were great. I gained back a lot but I am ready to refocus my attention on my health. At the end of the meeting one of the ladies came up and hugged me. I thought that was wonderful. She said she was happy that I came back and that I can do this. It meant the world to me.



My mother in law checked into the hospital last night. She was having chest pains and was having a hard time breathing. She also has a mass under her chest. They did an x-ray and she has a mass on her lung. She has a fever and they are going to keep her another day. Her doctor is going to do the biopsy on Wednesday or Thursday because she is on a certain medicine right now. My hubby took off of work to go to the hospital this morning. I just talked to him and told him to stay at his Mom's house and to bring her home from the hospital tomorrow. I didn't go because I had to take my daughter to the doctor for her foot. We didn't get to see the podiatrist but her regular doctor. He put her on antibiotics and a pain killer. I go see the podiatrist on Wednesday morning. My daughter has always had problems with ingrown toenails. She already had 2 surgeries so the ingrown toenails won't grow. They were done on the inside of her big toes and now I guess we need to do them on the outer side. It never fails there is always something. I try to catch up on all our medical bills and more come in. I am still paying for my brain surgery in Dec. of 2008. Oh well, what are you going to do. I just need to let it go and pay what we can.

I got a package in the mail yesterday from Amazon. I knew I didn't order anything and the box was big and heavy. I opened it and I was very surprised. My sister bought me a KitchenAid. I can't believe she did that.
She knew I wanted one for so long but never bought myself one. My birthday is on Wednesday and I turn the BIG 50. She put a note with it that she wishes she could be with me. I started to cry. I wish we lived in the same state. I am having a big birthday party on May 1st with my sister in law who also turns 50. I am just going to celebrate next weekend with probably my hubby and daughter and we might go to Greek town or maybe for some Mexican food. I also told them that they have to play a bunch of card games with me because I just love card games. I know I am a wild and crazy gal. LOL

Please keep my mother in law in your prayers. I really appreciate it. thanks


10 comments:

Sugar said...

you'll lose the weight, just gotta hang in there!
hope dtrs foot gets better soon.
nice surprise for you from your sister!
will wish you a early happy bd, in case i don't get back my then.
sorry to hear about your mil, let dh know she's being remembered in prayer.
huggies...

garnett109 said...

Happy B-Day

redpoppy007@aol.com said...

My family Dr. Loves the weight watchers plan. His wife goes. I am thinking of going myself.
I hope your daughter and mil are both ok and have a smooth recovery.
Happy Early Birthday!

Joann said...

Great Job going back to WW!! I'm proud of you!! Happy (upcoming) Birthday!! Very nice of your sister to send that, that's a very nice gift!! Will keep your MIL and daughter in prayer. Remember to take care of YOU!!

Lisa said...

Good for you for goinng back to Weight Watchers! That is a big step...I am proud of you. One day at a time... don't get overwhelmed and remember... you are important.

Lisa
Happy Girl Collectibles

Hollie said...

Praying for you all. Happy Birthday late. That was so sweet of your sister.

Missie said...

Happy Birthday! Have a good week.

Jody V said...

Glad you went back to WW!! We can never give up...just keep trying! It will pay off.

Your MIL is in my prayers....

I hope you have a GREAT birthday!!

Jody

bbubblyb said...

I'm praying for your MIL. Hope you have a wonderful Birthday you deserve it. What a sweet sister you have. So happy you decided to go back to WW too. I'm always telling my TOPS ladies that the biggest thing you can do if you are doing well or not is come to the meetings they always make you feel better. Plus stepping on the scale makes you accountable and want to work harder.

Thanks for your comment about my Samma girl.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.